By MarVeena Meek (c) May 2012
This is a fun project for you and the kids. Fairies are a part of the elementals and nature spirits.
It is desirable to have positive and happy nature spirits in your home and garden.
If it is a happy healthy environment for them, it will usually be the same for you.
One of my Facebook friends asked me how to get more fairies, butterflies and birds to your yard.
Here are 7 simple steps to take that will bring nature and the fairies to your yard.
1. Attract butterflies – any thing that attracts butterflies will also attract fairies.
Butterflies love butterfly bushes, lavender, zinnias, cosmos, summer lilacs, rosemary, yarrow, daisies and a lot more blooming shrubs and plants.
2. Fairies also love colorful objects. Like globes and shiny objects that reflect light.
3. Fairies love splashy water. So a fountain will really get them interested.
4. Fairies love sweet sounds like wind chimes. They are magnets for nature spirits.
5. Easy water stations for butterflies to bathe in and drink from. If the butterflies are happy, the fairies will be happy.
6. Place bird and bat boxes around, set out seed for song birds.
7. Have a little corner of your yard be a little wild spot, resist the urge to have it all planted. This gives the nature spirits a place to hide away and feel safe.
I also keep a couple of water stations low to the ground so rabbits can get a cool drink. Every day I top them off so they don't get stagnant.
It took me quite a while to get my yard set up this way on the ranch, but it was so worth it.
When I go out side the first thing in the morning it is magical, the birds are happy and tweeting around. Butterflies are all over the place. You can feel the fairies dancing around. The nature spirits are happy, happy happy!:~)
Please share your fairy story in the comments!